Giza Plateau:Welcome to the Jungle - Drooling Over My Favorite Pyramids While Dodging Camel Hagglers
Giza Travel Blog› entry 2 of 30 › view all entries
August 29th, 2003 – by: genkeeper
On a sad note, there are a bunch of nasty words to describe the horrible little men on camels who spend the entire time harassing you to ride their stupid camels! The Giza plateau is swarming with hagglers who want you to pay them exhorbant amounts of money to ride their rickity, old camels.
My Giza Plateau Check List of Tombs I Visited and Objects I saw:
- Great Pyramid: Got up close and personal inside is labyrinth of shafts and passageways.
- Khafre's Pyramid: Currently closed, so I have to raincheck this one.
- Menkaure's Pyramid: Climbed around inside. A much more simple system of passageways than the Great Pyramid.
- Khafre's Valley Temple
- Mastaba Tombs Visited: Seshemnufere IV, Senegemid Inti, Akhetmehut, Khenementi
- Hetephere's Pyramid: I got to climb around inside Khufu's mum's pyramid. Her burial was found intact minus the mummy.
- Hetephere's burial shaft
- Boat Museum and boat pits
- Giza Sound and Light Show
- Sunset horseback ride around the pyramids
- Riding Arabians in the desert around Giza
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!