EuropeFranceMetz

apres 17hours

Metz Travel Blog

This is mostly just to make my travel map make some kind of sense. But also Im in a pensive mood so I thought I would start regularly updating the Metz blogs with random stuff. Also since I have done nothing of note this week (went bowling, worked, got a bankcard - yep thats ALL folks) I have had a bit of time to sit around thinking.

Wish List update: I looked back at the things I wanted to do in my first entry, and I have done some and added a whole pile more! Though for continuity sake Im going to limit mysef to destinations in Europe.

I didnt get to the Netherlands for Queens Day, but I doubt I will have less fun on my trip there, Im leaving on the 31st May! This is definitley a place I can see myself coming back to. This trip I will be heading to Utrecht and the aptly-named Green Heart. I am only going for 4 days and I doubt Ill get a heap of time in Amsterdam so Im thinking of this as Netherlands Trip 1! I would like to check out Rotterdam and Den Haag and maybe even make my way up into Friesland.

August is my big holiday, so I will be using that month to do some genuine backpacking in Eastern and Southern Europe. My ony set destination so far is Budapest, for Sziget festival! After 6 days of getting seriously gross camping, drinking and generally haivng a ball, I have an inkling I might splash out for a hostel room in order to do some sanitising. Then Im heading south, through norhtern Italy and across to Croatia and down the coast to Greece and Turkey. Well, thats the dream isnt it!

My other dream Euro-destinations include:

Denmark (yeah RIGHT, when I win the Lotto mate),
Lithuania, Estonia, and the Czech Republic,
Skiing, or at least apreciating, the Alps

tvillingmarit says:
And when you win the Lotto mate, you can add Norway to your dream destination, I`ll give you a guided tour in Trondheim. Have a great weekend.
Posted on: May 30, 2008