Nice is... nice :)

Nice Travel Blog

In an unfortunate clash of dates, my best friend Katrin and her mother were going to be in Nice at the same time as all the other TBs were partying it up in Paris. However, it wasn't really a choice, I was not only desperate for contact from home, especially my favourite un-related female person, Nice was on my list of places-to-go. I couldn't leave Europe without a visit to the South. So I took the train from Marsaille, I'm pretty sure I had the wrong ticket too so I'm glad I didn't get checked! Arrived on Saturday evening to see the tourist office closing, I managed to collar one of the girls who pointed me towards th tram line. That was very lucky, I would not have known anything and my LP map was pretty shoddy.

Got to the apartment they were renting and found that it was right on the harbour! Perfect! Views of the ocean from both sides and walking distance to the beaches and Vieux Nice (Old Town). Katrin wanted to go out, she'd been on holiday with her mum for about 3 weeks so I could understand! We hit the Irish pub just down the road and met a bunch of locals, we partied with them until the pub closed (only then did we realise that one of them picked up our tab for the whole night! Score!) After that we all went for pizza and coffee and then back to someone's house. We continued until about 3.30am and I was just toally ready to drop. Sorry gang I can party but 3 nights a row in Madrid and then this and I was falling asleep on the sun lounge!

So we got home, to a slightly disgrunted Sharon, and slept! Yay sleep! And I didn't even have to pay for sheets!
photo by: EmyG