EuropeFranceNice

National Pride... and Wayne's

Nice Travel Blog

Monday night was by far the most memorable for me. It was Bastille Day so we knew it would be great. There were fireworks all along the coast and we could see them. At the beach, very much like our own grand Australia Day, there were underage kids drinking and hippiess flinging burning balls around. We sat and watched and listened for a while and found out that when they say pebble beach- slight understatement. It's a rock beach, even boulder beach would be more fitting.

We went back to Waynes after a wander in the night markets around Vieux Nice, this time I was more prepared for hot and sweatyness so I didn't feel so gross. The most memorable parts are thanks to the amazing people that we met. It's ok everyone I'm not naming names since I don't remember any. Here is the shortened list:
The DRUNKEN French Sailors
The Aussies- all of them, you guys rocked
The Sexuality Confused Danish Guys
The Ninja of Nice (aka Homeless man doing "kung fu" moves and bumming cigs)
The Lead singer of last night's band
The Swiss who kept buying us rounds
The Guy with crazy hair
The Doorman at the second bar
The Girl who kept making out with the guy while he was trying to sing in the band
The Irish Guys who walked us all the way home and hung out til 6am

Loved it.
Nice Nightlife & Entertainment review
you can't visit Nice without dropping into Wayne's
There is a reason why there is a group on Facebook about this place. You can't go to Wayne's and NOT LOVE IT! The bar is on the contiki's must-do list… read entire review
Nice