Moving, Space Cake and the Sugar Factory

Amsterdam Travel Blog

(...still no Banana Show unfortunately)
Back to the city of psychadelic dreams to help my boyfriend move into his new apartment on the Doppermart[sp?] and see a friend sing her heart out.

I was a bit sad that I could only stay a few days but me and the boy have to take the time we're given sometimes. We moved house Dutch/Maarten style by packing random stuff into a bunch of backpacks and pretending to be tourists for a day. Of course when we got to the apartment we realised that several neccessary items such as SOAP and SHAMPOO had been left behind so next stop was the supermarket. We also discovered that the house didn't come with a fridge! When you have one, you don't realise how much stuff you put in a fridge!

Luckily the place s right next to a thing called the Doppermart, a big outdoor market for everything from underwear to cleaning products to fresh food. So it was easy just to buy what we needed each day. Still, my nanna would not be proud of us throwing away left overs each night. (This woman HOARDS)

On Saturday night we were going to see this lovely Dutch girl called Celine play her guitar and sing at the open mic night at a place called the Sugar Factory. Well, she's very talented but to be honest I wouldn't reccomend the venue. I felt OLD there. Keep in mind that I turned 18 THIS YEAR, I had only just started clubbing in Australia. However, I found out that the age in Holland is 16! I felt like I was at a highschool party! So it's obviously the place to be for a good dose of puberty.

And yes, boredom leads to baking which leads to trying Space Cake (most expensive muffin I ever bought!) which leads to me crossing that off the List :)
photo by: pearcetoyou