EuropeFranceNice

Last day on the Cote D'Azur

Nice Travel Blog

Well I seemed to have finally tired out Katrin, although hey a little sympathy for me here gang, Monday was the 6th... SIXTH night in a row that I was in after 3am. Christ. Tough freakin life. So while Katty slept it off, Sharon and I went for a walk along the Promenade des Anglais. It's this giant pedestrian street between Vieux Nice and the ocean. We checked out all the tourists and their crazy antics and just enjoyed the sunshine. It's a very interesting walk, apart from seeing the lengths people will go to make a buck (hello how many beaches at home have cafes and vendors on the sand?) there are some great old buildings and the view along the coast is spectacular.

In the afternoon it was calmer so we went to the beach, a fine way to spend the day I thought. We did some paddling and some sun bathing and general frolicking by the sea side. On the way home we got some provisions for dinner and did some net cafe stuff. Maybe not exhilarating but definitely relaxing. Kat and I got to have some good long chats and I stopped feeling so foreign in Europe. It was really nice!
Nice