Day 1: Panic to the Airport

Makati City Travel Blog

at the terminal

This was a very exciting day for me. I'd finally experience Bohol!!! Before this trip, I used to just know about Bohol through postcards and history/geography books, but ever since I can remember, this was the place that I've always wanted to visit. Well, the day of reckonign has arrived =D

For this trip, I'd be going with my friend Ross who, like me, has never been to Bohol. Our flight was at 12:30 (or so I thought), so we had plenty of time to prepare. It was a Tuesday, and we both came straight from work the previous night (we're officemates). I got out at 7AM while Ross got out at 9AM.

So, since we still had some time, we decided to drop by the mall and get some stuff for our trip and grab a bite too. After brunch, I remembered that I haven't printed our online plane tickets yet! So we dropped by a net cafe to do so.
on the plane
By the time we're done and headed back to the office, it was already 11:40. And when I looked at our flight schedule, I found out that it's at 12:15 and not 12:30! We still had to go back to the office because we left our luggage there, and it's a 10-minute walk from the mall. Then, travel time from the office to the airport could take another 15-20 minutes. So we made a run for it!

We're both sweaty and gasping for breath when we arrived in the office.  We just grabbed our luggage before rushing downstairs to get a cab. We didn't even had the time to freshen up. By the time we got one, it was already 11:55. On the way, nothing was on my mind but the fact that we might miss our flight and it would all be for nothing. Apparently though, the cab driver sensed our plight and tried his best to get to our (final?) destination as fast as he can.
on the plane
And boy was he fast! We arrived in the airport in exactly 10 minutes! Hoooraaayyy!!!

Well, it was still early to celebrate hehehe. When we got to the first inspection and showed our booking print-out to the officer, we thought he would tell us that it's too late. But no, he let us through. One down! Then came more checking and inspections before the moment of truth: checking in. But thanks to our lucky stars, the airline people said we can still take our flight. Whew! After that, we started breathing normally, but at the same time, swore to ourselves that we would never go through the same dilemma again.

While in the waiting area, we found out that our flight was delayed for 15-20 minutes due to this and that. Not very surprising, since we're taking Cebu Pacific, and they're known for being late (at least they're consistent hehehe). In fact, I didn't even care. All I could think of was the fact that we made it to the airport on time (kinda) and that we're still going to Bohol! That's all that matters, y'all!

Finally, we boarded our plane. That was it! Bohol, here we come!!!

DefDulce says:
I am glad you made your flight..all that time you picked out what to wear would have been a waste :)
Posted on: Jun 17, 2008
JeAr says:
lol it was a nerve-wracking experience in that sense. hope it never happens again :)
Posted on: Apr 04, 2008
momiji says:
you guys almost missed your flight!!!! but glad you didn't ;)
good start huh? haha