Austria - Part 2

Austria Travel Blog

Mike and Abby
I will get the bad news out of the way.  This is the point on the trip that my camera ran out of battery and I had to switch to a disposable camera.  Here is the link to Mike’s pictures:

The train ride from Vienna to Kirchberg was enjoyable.  We met Anja (I believe that was her name) who was able to give us the insider breakdown of Austria’s geography and the Austrian’s mentality.  She also shared traditional Austrian wafer cookies that were really good!

We arrived in Kirchberg, found our holiday apartment, rented skies and started preparing for the next ski day.
Abby
  I wasn’t too hopeful due to the green mountains that surrounded.

We lucked out and it snowed all night so our first day of skiing was on soft, fluffy snow.  We skied all day enjoying the scenery and the slopes.  We ducked into a mountainside shack for lunch where we discovered just how BIG this place was.

Day two was a little more exciting.  In town snow was falling and it was the perfect winter scene but as we climbed the mountain on the lift we discovered what that little bit of snow in the town meant for us high on the mountain.  Visibility was really low, at times it would clear and we could see 20-30 feet in front of us but for most of the morning we could only see 5-10 feet ahead.  At first it was scary having never skied on this part of the mountain before, not knowing where the train went or who was in front of you.
Abby and Tom
  Once we were able to get over that, it was quite peaceful to ski surrounded by clouds of snow and that’s when we got to enjoy the inches and inches of fresh powder under our skies.

Tom was in snowboarding heaven and I must admit he looked so graceful as he boarded through the freshy fresh!  We skied the day in beautiful snow up to our knees, also hitting the off trail terrain.  It was some of the best skiing conditions I have ever had.  We were all a little whipped after having to actually bend our knees and lift our skies through powder that Tom and I relaxed in the sauna for a while.

Kirchberg, Austria proved to be a great skiing spot!

Day three was our last but not without enjoying the slopes one last time.  We skied until it was time to catch the train.  We all said goodbye to the snowy slopes and headed to Ulm, Germany.

Kirchberg, Austria proved to be a great skiing spot!

The Alps
The Alps
Tom and Mike in the freshy fresh!
Tom and Mike in the freshy fresh!
Lunch time!