The Day in Freeport

Freeport Travel Blog

Yes, it rained and rained and rained in Freeport. I still haven't looked to see what the weather was like the night we left Orlando, but the ship rocked and rocked, and many people (not me, thank God) were sick the first night. For myself, it was pretty entertaining trying to walk around on the ship that was not at all stable. I felt like I was drunk without having to spend money on alcohol. Half the people on the ship weren't at dinner the first night.

So I had scheduled the Junkanoo Beach excursion for the Freeport day. They cancelled it because of the weather. My total experience in Freeport was about half an hour off the ship in the late afternoon, just so I could say I had been there and to get a t-shirt. Hard Rock Cafe, and I'm not even sure if there is one in Freeport.. Lol!

But on the positive side, I got an extra nap, had plenty of time to relax and unwind, and it was just very nice to be on vacation. I also got a six dollar drink that was accompanied by a five dollar gambling chip, and ended up getting a free drink and 15 extra dollars, so that worked out well. This was also the night I got a dog towel on my bed, and it was a pleasant day despite not getting to the beach.

photo by: Jamal1280