I wish I was on the N17-Saw Doctors

Sligo Travel Blog

The Cliffs of Mohr

A lot of driving today takes us through Cliffs of Mohr, Gallway Bay etc.  Having been to a very loud concert with the Saw Doctors in Fareham at Easter, we hear a song of theirs played on the radio at a level where we can understand the words.  I make out that they are singing 'I wish I was on the N17, stone walls and the grass is green' and it all falls into place having just driven along the N17 where there are indeed stone walls and grass green!  Have to buy that CD when we get home.  Also like a song by Lilly Allen 'Smile' and several songs by the Kooks and a Sandi Thoms song ' I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair',  which seem to be played daily in the UK and Ireland.

Hear that the Saw Doctors are to play a free concert in Gallway Bay on Sunday afternoon, just after we pass through.

More of Mohr
  See a poster on a shop window proclaiming that the Under 17's Hurley Championships will be played at Athonry on the weekend.  All those names put songs through our heads.  Daughter Angela rings from our house on the coast to update Andrew on the site inspection she did on a garage that is being built for him at his rental house in Rivett, ACT.  She found that there needed to be some concreting done to the road and arranged three quotes and advised him which one she thought should go ahead and he accepted her advice.  She has done a sterling job of paying our bills and dealing with our tennants while we have been away so long.  Couldn't have done this without her help.

Stone walls and the grass is green