The Galapagos!

Galapagos Islands Travel Blog

I am now on the boat ‘Friendship’ at the Galapagos Islands with 16 other young people from all over the world. (Switzerland, France, Hungary, Israel, Finland, Ireland, Mexico, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands and USA) It is a fun group and I am looking forward to the remaining 7 days.  I spent a night sleeping on top deck above board as quarters are very close below deck and the air conditioning, mixed with diesel exhaust, next to the generator rooms, will kill me with my cough which persists until the point where I feel as if I will throw up.  Yesterday we saw many Frigate birds, blue footed boobies, sea lions, lava lizards, marine iguanas, land iguanas, sharks, marine turtles and other tropical fish.  Our guide is hilarious with his broken Spanglish describing ‘Look look, Lava Lizard!! - But how did it come?’ with great gusto and enthusiasm.  There are always things that you know. Then there are things you know you don’t know.  But there are many things I have seen here that I didn’t know that I didn’t know.  It is somewhat like being a small child again, discovering new things, and a lot of fun.

Galapagos Islands