The advantage of living in Central Florida.

Orlando Travel Blog

Magic Kingdom
Beside battling the Mosquitos (state bird of Florida and can suck you dry in a matter of minutes) and the Snowbirds (the blue hairs that can not see over the steering wheel.). One of the advantages of living in Brevard County is that I am just an hours drive from most of the theme parks. Yes I know the cost to get the theme parks seem to go up every other week. As a Florida resident it is a little cheaper. It is even better with the purchase of either a Seasonal or Annual pass. All the parks do them you just have to decide which park you desire to visit the most. Seaworld has the pay for one day and get the rest of the year free for Florida residents. They also have the same deal from Busch Gardens. I have not found that I could go repeatly. We did do that pass one year and only found ourself going the once.
Magic Kingdom
If you are someone who has children it may be a little different since they love shamu. I must say the resurant in the shark viewing area is pretty neat but I found the food kinda yucky and you stare at the fish too long and your food gets cold. I have not really had the chance to explore the Universal studios parks. They will change with the 2009 opening of the Magic world of Harry Potter. Yes, I am in love with Harry.. Otherwise I am a disney fanatic. I could go to the Disney parks everyday. Where else can you open your christmas presents and go straight over to enjoy the happenings at the Park. Yes I spent Christmas day at MGM Studios and it was one of the best christmas. For my 30th birthday I spent the morning at the Magic Kindgom and the evening at MGM Studios.
Magic Kingdom
My favorite time at the parks are at epcot. I love the Flower & Garden festival and the Food & Wine festival. Epcot also has one of my favorite rides Sourin' (thank you California for sending that here.) That is the first place we run to so we can get our fastpass and not wait the 1+ hour wait. Test track is another favorite. You can not forget the ride thru the Land, It is neat how they shape the pumpkins and cucumbers. I have not been back since they changed the Living Seas to the Nemo Ride. But I do recommend the show with Crush, it is never the same show twice. At Animal Kingdom, it is the new Expidition Everest.  Wow that is a rush. You also have to wonder over through china and see the beautiful Tigers. At MGM Studios ( I hate that they have changed it to Hollywood Studios, YUCK) I love the Tower of terror.
Magic Kingdom
I LOVE eating at the 50's prime time diner, It is the greatest. Just like home cooking (love me some fried chicken) and attitude. Don't waste your time if you do not like to be picked on or eat your veggies. At the Magic Kingdom I MUST visit the Haunted Manison. Unfortunely I have not been back since they updated the Manison. Other great rides are all the Mountains, Space, Thunder and Splash. If you are a ride Junkie I recommend buying admission to one of the holiday events. At the Not So Scary Halloween party, we rode space mountain twice in 30mins. And the same with thunder mountain. We got a little too wet to do Splash mountain twice because it was slightly chilly that night. I will post some pictures for the Not So Scary Halloween party later.
There is so much to do and so many events throughout the parks that it is never dull. Another fun and FREE place to go is Downtown Disney. They have a MASSIVE Lego Store and the worlds largest disney store. Disney has also started the Pirate and Pincess party. Like I said before I do not have children to enjoy it yet. I do have a friend who took their boys and they had a blast but ate way tooooo much candy. Hummm. What else can I write about. Contemporary - Great hotel, close to the Magic Kingdom, Quite a large hotel. I went to an event held in the conference rooms and of course my room was on the other side of the property. A lot of walking especially when you are tired or forget something in your room. They have Chef Mickey which is a blast.
Magic Kingdom
You see the kids eyes light up when the characters walk around and the mickey shaped foods. The Widlerness Lodge - I have not had the chance to stay there but I have eaten at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. That is very fun. Hints*** say you are REALLY thirsty and you must ask for ketchup. The food there is great. They have stick pony ridin' around the dining room. On the lagoon around the Magic Kingdom and the hotels and camp ground at 9pm there is a light parade in the water. I think that is it for now. Like I said before I will be posting more disney photos soon.