Madrid trip

Madrid Travel Blog

cathedral

I can't remember exactly what I did on which days, and I can't completely remember what everything is called, so I'm happy to be corrected if I get stuff wrong!

Madrid was hot, and it was lovely to get some sunshine.  We went exploring, and after we got very lost and ended up in some very dull parts of town, decided that the Lonely Planet was lying and we should ignore it.  We had lunch in a nice cafe and a poke about the shops, and then we went looking for somewhere to have dinner.

The prices on the main tourist squares were astronomical, so I went ducking down a sidestreet til we found somewhere that looked like the locals ate tapas there.  There was a little bar, narrow and graffitid, with actual Spaniards in it, and we propped ourselves up at the bar and got a couple of beers and some tapas and chatted in broken Spanish with one of the barmen and broken English with another one.  Great guys - how I wish I could remember what it was called!  Then, after that, we ended up in a pavement cafe in PLaza Angel.  We spent the rest of the night drinking canas and gossiping.  It was lovely.

... real jardin botanico...

sylviandavid says:
Lonly Planet was lying! Whoa! .... gotta be a first! sounds like you had fun dispite being lost!
Posted on: Mar 03, 2008