I have finally got my pictures uploaded!
Cairo Travel Blog› entry 26 of 38 › view all entries
I have spent the last 4 or 5 hours in an internet cafe in downtown Cairo uploading my pics from Bali and Cairo. Finally!
I think I have finally figured out Egyptian driving:
Use your horn for everything:
- Excuse me, I am passing you
- Excuse me, I am passing you on the right
- Excuse me, I am cutting you off
- Excuse me, I am turning left across 4 lanes of traffic
- Excuse me, I am about to run you down
Also, no matter how many lanes are painted on the road, you can always make 1 or 2 (or 3) more. Traffic signals (if they exist) are completely ignored, as are crosswalks. You can apparently turn in any direction, from any lane and stop wherever you like! Driving or riding in a car is quite the adventure here!
This will be my last computer access until I hit Rome. I get into Rome tomorrow night at 11:00 pm, then the next day I will be off exploring!