Sydney - tired, but ready to go!

Sydney Travel Blog

G'day!

Wow!  That was one LONG plane ride!  It turned out to be only 13 and half hours, but it was still much too long.  Thank goodness we were on a 747 and had the room to get up and walk around.

They showed 5 (or maybe 6) movies on the flight.  I only caught a couple of them.  I slept quite a bit, but it was in short chunks - 2 - 3 hours at a time.

Anyway, as soon as I exited the customs area of the airport, I ran right in to my friend Tina who was there to pick me up.  We could not have timed that any better!  Tina took me to the hotel to get checked in and of course my room wasn't ready.  I left my bag with the front desk and then Tina and I went out for breakfast.

After eating, taking me by her place and some brief site-seeing, Tina and I went to Darling Harbour to watch the Chinese Dragonboat races.  This is an annual event held close to the Chinese New Year.  Tina had some friends on one of the teams and thought it would be fun to watch.

After the races, Tina, a group of her friends that were also attending the races and I all went out for a few drinks and then I returned to the hotel.  I was sound asleep not long after!

I didn't do too much on my first day in Sydney, but I plan to make up for it!

Sydney