Last day on Bali

Candi Dasa Travel Blog

I'm leaving Bali today.  I leave the Kubu Bali Bungalows at 3:30 for a 2 hour trip by car to Denpasar.  From there, I fly to Singapore, have a 2 hour layover, then on to Vienna where I have a 4 hour layover.  Then, finally, I fly to Cairo.  I will arrive in Cairo at 3:00pm tomorrow.

I have spent the morning just walking around.  I followed the coastline for a bit, checked out one of the beach hotels and spent some time near the lagoon.  It is extremely hot and humid and I have gone through a couple of big bottles of water already!

The mosquitos have eaten me alive!  They apparently are not impressed by my fancy American insect repellent!  Actually, they manage to find all of the little spots that I missed - like between my fingers.  Here's hoping none of them were carrying Dengue Fever...

Last evening, right before sundown, I spent a good hour just watching the monkeys up on the hillside behind my bungalow.  I'm just facinated by monkeys!  I would see them occasionally wandering around the bungalows looking for goodies.  These monkeys are afraid of people, unlike the monkeys in the sacred monkey temple.  Those monkeys would climb right up on you if you let them (or if you had food).

I am going to go get some lunch, try and cool down, maybe have a beer a relax for a bit before I begin my 24 hour jaunt to Cairo.

Candi Dasa