Krk Travel Blog

Krk Beach
Of the 11 countries I have visited, Croatia is without a doubt my favorite. It's full of friendly people, great food and absolutely incredible scenery. The best part about it is that planning your trip is optional. Just hop in a car and drive there. The accomodations are plentiful so reservations are not a necessity. Which means you can hop from city to city in any order you feel. And it's all very reasonably priced too!

Croatia has hundreds of islands along it's coast which you get to by way of ferry. The system is well run and not too expensive. You can spend your entire visit hopping from island to island, something I wish I would have done more of during my stay. I will certainly do that once I return.
With over 640km of coast, Croatia has no shortage of beaches. The clear water and mountainous horizons are a bit different from the beach scenes I'm accustomed to in the US. The water on this particular day was a tad colder than I'm accustomed to as well. But we were there in late spring so it hadn't had a chance to warm up yet. If beaches aren't what you're all about there are plenty of other things for you in Croatia. Each island has a handful of old towns all within driving distance that never seem to get boring. Croatia was part of the Roman Empire so the architecture and layout of the towns is interesting.
TYoungTX says:
Sounds very nice. Hope to see it some day! Thanks for whetting my appetite.
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008