Finally here...

Amsterdam Travel Blog

I MADE IT..WOOT!!

The flight from Toronto to London wasn't bad at all, little rough spots here and there.  British Airways is the way to go forsure!  As we were flying over England I was able to see the Ben Tower, The Palace, the Ferris Wheel and Wembley Stadium.  So my London tour is done..LOL.  Had a 2hr layover so I ended up crashing at the airport.  Woke up in time to board the connecting flight.  We were on the plane being delayed for another hour, so that meant nappy time.

Arrived in Amsterdam around 12:30pm.  It was very easy finding the hostel, but you've gotta watch out for the trams and bikes, I don't know how many times I've almost been hit.

Made my way to The Flying Pig, got my room key, dropped my bag off in the room and ended up chilling in the lounge area reading my magazines, having a pint of Hooegarden (my new fav. beer) and waiting on Fiona to arrive.  She arrived around 2:30pm, we chilled and got caught up.  We decided to go and venture out.

We walked the streets, ended up at Dam Square.  I love it the culture, housing and just the old city style.  Went to a restaurant called Next Door and at some lunch.  After that we walked and walked trying to look for the Anne Frank House and finally found it but the line-up was insanely MAD!  So we decided to go the next day.

Headed back to the hostel for a little nappy.

Woke up from our nap and got ready to venture into the Red Light District.  All I can say is "wowzers".  The men are everywhere and they are just gazing into the window doors looking at the woman that are forsale.  SJQ, this is the place for you!! haha.  We wanted to hit a bar and have a few pints but we thought they might be gay bars as there were only men in them..LOL  So we walked through the whole District and ended up back in the main part of "dam".  Went for some dinner (nasty food I must say).

Then headed back to the hostel and crashed before midnight.

Amsterdam