Day of Touring!

Dublin Travel Blog

Woke up around 11am and have absolutely no hang-over??  Was I shocked!  Had a great brilliant breakfast, got ready and headed for the bus for a day of touring around the city.  Absolutely love the city.  I'm moving here forsure!  The day was absolutely gorgeous, sunny and not too cold.  Did a lot of walking around, did a lot of scenic walks, churches, Temple Bar area.  We stopped into the Portley House for a pint.  This place was absolutely gorgeous, another place that had like 4 different floors, so many different rooms.  Now why doesn't Toronto have a put like this??  Geez!

After the Portley, we were around St. Patrick's Cathedral.  I headed inside while Fiona waited for me outside.  My words just cannot describe the church.

Gorgeous!!!!  Took lots of pictures, I also lit a candle and said a little prayer before leaving.  You would definitely have to check the church out in person, pictures just don't describe it.

She showed me Jervais Mall, much nicer than Scarborough Town Centre or Pickering.  We got ourselves an ice cream swirl... YUMMIE!

Picked up some gifts at Carroll's, great Irish gift store forsure!

We then headed home for some chicken stir fry and got ourselves ready for another night of debackle!  First we headed to Grafton Street where all the poshy people live and go.  I was hoping to see Colin Farell but no such luck :(  Headed to the smallest pub in Dublin but it was closed.

So we then walked over to Ron Blacks.  MY GOD, another gorgeous place.  Now this place was for the rich, you can just tell by the clientell, the statutes, the humongous bronze erns, the chandaliers... WOWZERS!  Had a pint of course, tried some chinese beer..LOL.

From there we headed to the oldest pub in Dublin called the Brazen, great time in there.  Had live Irish music that we were clapping and stomping our feet too.  After finishing off our pint, we headed across the street to O'Shea's were they actually had Irish dancing.  Wow can they move their feet or what.  I tried to watch the feet and get a feel for it as I'll be doing dancing on Friday.  Not a chance, very hard, but it will be fun doing it!  The last call at the bar was 11:30pm, which I thought was strange but I guess that's what you get for going out on a Monday!!  Got home pretty early and crashed!

MaryJaneStrange1 says: