Day 2

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Fiona and I woke up around 11:30am, what a great sleep, we were ready to rock n' roll.

Headed out on our first mission.  The Anne Frank House.  The line-up was even more insane but we decided to go for it.  It was a cold, windy, snowy day.  It was worth the wait.  I was able to score one picture inside before the guy told me that I wasn't allowed to take pictures.  The house is absolutely amazing.  Really touched my heart and actually had tears.  Nothing can describe it, you would have to experience it.  Very sad.

After the house, went jumped onto the Tram and headed to the Van Gogh Museum.  First we saw the sight "I AM STERDAM", so of course we took pictures (soon to follow).  Headed to the Van Gogh, the portraits are absolutely stunning but all the same boring.  But I'm glad I experienced it.

We walked through the theatre district, great time.  Hit up a cafe for some dinner (yummy).  Did you know toilets are at the street corners and urinals for men are out there in the open, crazy. haha.  Ended up hitting up a Smart Shop and bought a cannibis lollipop. LOL.  Who knew it came in a lollipop.  Also picked up weed banana bread.  Headed back to the hostel to chill and have a few pints.  When we arrived back, the hostel was just jammin.  Ate the lollipop, tongue went numb..LOL.  Ate the banana bread, definitey didn't feel or taste anything in that.  Rip off.  Ended up meeting the bartender and he was from Poland.. Score.  So we chatted it up a bit.  Few more pints and we were both drunks..LOL  Wrote out some postcards, bad idea when hammered.  Those will be mailed out tomorrow.  Had some fun times on the stairs eating our munchies, telling life stories and Fiona telling every guy that walked by that I was staring at their ass..haha  Niicceee!

Ended up crashing around 1am I think.

MaryJaneStrange1 says:
Glad to hear you're being such a good girl!! Miss you!!
Posted on: Mar 25, 2008