Cliffs of Moher and Doolin Caves

Doolin Travel Blog

Woke up around 9am and got ourselves ready to check out and drop off our bags in the car.  The bus arrived at 9:45am and we were off to the Cliffs of Moher and Doolin Caves.

The scenery just driving there was absolutely beautiful.  I can't even explain it.  I must say though, Ireland has A LOT of Castles.  Once we arrived to the Cliffs, I was really excited to see them, my dream.  The Cliffs are 200 meters high and so many people have jumped off of there.  We took tons of pictures and I took a little video.  I'll upload when I have time.  From there we headed to the Doolin caves.  As we were driving through the tiny roads, the hills were all Limestone, i've never seen anything like it.  Oh and I've never seen so many cows and sheep before..haha

The caves were spectacular.  Some of the stone that was formed from the water dripping has been around for 8000 years.  WOW.  Took some wonderful pictures in there.

From there we were on our way back to Galway.  We left the west coast and headed for the east coast of Carlingford, just below Belfast.  We made it to the Adventure Centre in one piece.  I'm loving the round-abouts but sometimes I must say they are a pain in the arse!!!  Tomorrow we are off to do some Rock Repelling, oh god help me!! haha.

Pictures will follow!

Robin1109 says:
I too agree that this Cliffs of Moher are almost indescribable!
Posted on: Mar 27, 2008