Playa Marsella, Nicaragua

San Juan del Sur Travel Blog

Maria (@)

There comes a time in once life that you decide to visit some place where you think you are only person on earth. For my last birthday I decided to visit my roots, visit Nicaragua. I rented a beach house in Playa Marsella, it’s a small bay about 15 miles north of San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua.

I knew I had something special when the gentleman from the rental agency recommended that I rent an SUV because the roads were kind of bad to reach the house. I said to myself that this had the potential to turn out very good or very bad. Indeed, the roads, or what was left of them, were horrible at best. Many of them were non-existent. I met the rental agency representative who insisted on driving me to house because they were afraid I was going to get lost.

Beach House (@)

We crossed over 2 small rivers (when I say crossed, I don’t mean on a bridge, I mean it like natural geographic style), dirty roads, scary bridges but we finally got to our destination. It was a gorgeous house in the middle of a bay. The house was beyond beautiful; it was something only dreams are made of. The house had a pool, amaca, running water, a TV that did not work (but wants to watch TV in such a beautiful place) and three rooms.

The beach itself was gorgeous, it was almost alone but there were some small houses far away. This was the kind of beach that if you break your leg and no one know where you are, they won't find you until someone else is walking on the beach.

This was an unforgettable time. I can't wait to get back. :)

Rock Island (@)
Rock Island (@)
Foot steps on the beach (@)
Foot steps on the beach (@)
peñas (@)