Phi Phi Tour....

Koh Phi Phi Travel Blog

My Island!

Today I went out on a long-tailed boat for a tour around Koh Phi Phi.  Phi Phi (pronounced pee-pee, I know kids....funny.) is quite easily the most beautiful place I have ever seen.  It's as though God grabbed Yosemite and Monument Valley, and filled them halfway full with warm, tropical water. Throw in some jungle foliage, and a lot of good looking girls and you have my very favorite place.

I took off for the tour at around 11:00.  We first went to an uninhabited island in the middle of the Andaman sea.  In the movie Braveheart, there's a half deranged Irish guy who proclaims Ireland to be "My Island."  Well I now know how he feels.  That little island has now been formally annexed into the ever growing empire of Stodlandia.

We then went onto Monkey Bay.  Easily the most beautiful beach I have ever seen.  The sand is so powdery fine and white, and the water is of course beautiful.  Only saw a few monkeys, but you know what?  I'm O.

Just chosen at random.
K. with that.  I met a girl who had been bitten by a monkey in Vietnam, and she had to get rabies shots.

We next went to Maya Bay.

Pretty Water.
  Maya Bay is made famous from the movie "The Beach"  The water was gin-clear, there were fish everywhere, and the rock formations towering 1,000 feet out of the water made for a very picturesque scene.

We then went and watched one of the most amazing sunsets you'll ever see.  We just sat there bobbing up and down in the water, watching the sun go down in silence.  When the last bit of sun had set over the horizon, we all cheered in appreciation.

I consider myself a religious person.  Although I don't go to church, I've always believed in God.  This amazing day showed me that I haven't been wrong in my beliefs.  As I'm sailing along, listening to reggae, passing these amazing scenes it dawned on me that not only does God exist, but that he also has given me an amazing opportunity traveling about this Eden, and that I'm very grateful to him for that.

ErnaButterfly says:
Phuket and Koh Phi Phi is on my wishlist!
Posted on: Mar 05, 2008
BlaqueCat says:
Good blog and great photos!
Posted on: Feb 28, 2008