Day 2

Vung Tau Travel Blog

View from Front Beach

Awakening late, because of last nights decisions, I packed my stuff and spent some time walking along the beach, rolling up my jeans and going in knee deep in the pleasantly temperate water.  I dodged beach vendors and just walked the streets, hopping in shops and the like to kill some time before my ferry left.

I again, opted for the seafood and ended up ordering this type of clam that proved most difficult in removing from its shell.  The shells were reminiscent of those spiral ones you find along the shore, with similarly small holes.  However, they were delicious and since I was basically the only one there at that time, I had the pleasure of being observed by every woman in the place.  A bit uncomfortable, but flattering at the same time.  Heading toward the pier, I was reminded of HCM due to the overpresence of motorbikes.  I'm going to be having nightmares, "You want moto", "Hey, motobike".  I'm shuddering even as I type.

As I waited for the boat, I had conversations with the staff, who said I have a friendly face (which is nice) and wished me a quick return to Vung Tau.  The express boat service was extremely nice.  Clean seats, complimentary water, air conditioned, and best of all, cutting the journey in exactly half.

Beach