Hong Kong to Denpasar

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Hong Kong Airport (courtesy HKG)

I had set my alarm for a 7am wake up, as my flight to Denpasar was at 10am.  Somehow the alarm did not go off and I did not wake up until 8am!  I was in a panic -- I ran through the shower, grabbed my things and checked out of the Regal Hotel.

I had a from American Airlines letting me know that I had broken the rules of the frequent flyer ticket I was using, since I had stayed over too long in Hong Kong!  I tried to call back, but could not get through.  Apparently they don't understand typhoons and rebooking issues back at the control desk!

I got checked in for my Cathay Pacific flight to Denpasar easily enough.  It is the same flight time that I had originally booked, just one day later.  It is a Boeing 777 and I am in Business Class as it has no First Class lounge.

Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 (courtesy Cathay Pacific)
  I had time to grab a Starbucks coffee and then it was time to board the plane.

I had a window seat, but was not able to see much, as it was pretty hazy on take off.  I got a wonderful drink right after take off from the flight attendant -- a Cathay Delight.  Not sure what all is in it besides coconut milk and kiwi fruit -- but it was awesome!  Lunch was a Malayasian curried seafood (yellow curry with scallops, squid and shrimp) and was excellent.  I had a Pacific Sunrise after that -- champagne with Drambuie and the zest of orange and lemon.  Quite tasty!

I arrived at Denpasar at 2:45pm.  Bali is in the same time zone as Hong Kong, so no need to change my watch.  Total flying time was about 4 hours and forty five minutes.

Hong Kong Airport (courtesy HKG)
Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 (courtes…
Cathay Pacific Boeing 777 (courte…