Bound for Bali!

Austin Travel Blog

American Airlines to LAX

Today I have embarked upon a very different journey for me.  I am off to Bali in Indonesia to do a biking trip around the island with a company that specializes in biking/adventure travel, Backroads.  This is my third trip with Backroads -- but my first alone where I am not going with another friend.  I was a bit trepedatious at first -- as I had never done a long trip like this solo, but I make friends easily so I was not too concerned.  On my previous trips with Backroads, I found that the other guests on those trips were typically adventurous, friendly peope that were great fun to travel with, and many of those became enduring friendships.

I checked with Backroads before I departed to find out whether I had been assigned a room mate for the trip yet -- and was told that I was still solo with no assigned roomie.  I was told there would be a total of 12 guests on the trip:  two couples, 8 singles.  Nine women and three men.  And both trip leaders are women.

The first leg of my trip was on American Airlines from Austin to Los Angeles.  I left at 7:30am from Austin and got into LAX at 8:30am local time.   The flight was quiet, on time and quite enjoyable.  I booked my tickets using frequent flyer miles, so my route is a little less than direct -- but it gets me there, and I get to go First Class or Business Class the entire way.  Whoo hoo!

wesnmacke says:
I already liked you and now look what you've gone and done...just look, you've gone and used a big word like 'trepedatious'....you've just moved up a notch in my my esteem!!! **I'm misting up (dabbing eyes)** lolol Seriously, I like it when people can use big words and still keep them 'small'. Nice job!
Posted on: May 14, 2008