Noosa

Noosa Travel Blog

Noosa Heads Beach

Noosa is a great place, when you get to a roundabout, in Little Cove, opposite the only information centre, take a left turn and drive up Hastings street, where all the fancy restaurants and pubs are.  You soon realise that Noosa is a place for rich people, many estate agents are making a fortune selling secluded retreats by the beach.  I’ve seen one of these luxury complex of flats in a beautiful location, overlooking the ocean and I can see the appeal.

Unfortunately, and unusually, it started to rain heavily, so I had a nap in my car.  I love sleeping and I’m pretty good at it.  In fact, if sleeping was an Olympic sport, I would probably be a champion and maybe I could afford one of these peaceful flats in Noosa… so I could practice more sleeping :-)

Anyway, when I woke up 2 hours later it was dark, still raining and a busker had parked his wheel chair next to my car.

Noosa Heads Beach
  He was playing a guitar and singing ‘love me tender’ by the greatest Elvis, looking straight at me.  Ok, good time to get out and get some grub.  After dinner I really didn’t fancy another early night (and I wasn’t tired having slept all afternoon), so I went to the cinema instead and watched the worst film I’ve ever seen, Semi-Pro.  Mind you, the girl sat next to me loved it and laughed her tits off throughout.  Strange how some people can have such different sense of humour.

Next morning the sun was shining, so I went to the beach and decided that it was time to have my first swim in the ocean.  This is quite an issue for me because I’ve watched Jaws far too many times and I’m totally petrified of sharks.  Everyone keeps telling me that you have more chance of being hit by a car than eaten by a shark, but I’m a lucky boy and I also reckon that there is a shark out there who loves Mediterranean food and as soon as I dive in, he’ll pick up the aroma of garlic and olive oil and come straight for me!  Well it didn’t happen, I had a lovely swim… in 2 feet of water… with lots of succulent kiddies around me!

I left Noosa latish that afternoon.

Surfers
  I was only driving an hour up to Tin Can Bay so I wasn’t in any hurry, little did I know what was coming…

dfoo says:
Haha god bless little fat kids for not being able to run/swim as fast away from sharks :)
Posted on: Jan 05, 2009
alicegourmet says:
I really not into the kind of comedy like "Semi-Pro"...don't get it wrong. I like comedy that have wit! :p
Posted on: Nov 09, 2008
alicegourmet says:
I bet the sharks will love me too because I can cook French and Italian cuisine! LOL! :D
Posted on: Jul 31, 2008