EuropeItalyTurin

Starter in Turino

Turin Travel Blog

Nice restaurant

At Turin Airport the European can pass the immigration easily but me! I think they took only 30 seconds each but for the Asian's look like me took about 10 minutes!

He was checking my passport turning page 1 to 10 and undo undo and undo.

My steak
Maybe he was looking for a gold inside or what? The English guy behind me asking "did yoy escape from your country? Why did he take so long time?" Haha .. I didn't and I don't know! I don't mind if the officer would like to ask me some questions as some other officers did because I got an answer for him and the documents he wanted to see. I heard from Thai people who traveled to Italy saying you would be checked a lot in Europe so you have to prepare the ticket, the hotel booking, money, credit cards, etc. to show them that you can survive there during the days you stay there. So I prepared those but the office doesn't ask me any questions. He just looked at me and then my passport and me and my passport. I only gave him a nice smile. I hoped it wouldn't be the same as in the US immigration that they locked me in the room like I killed someone just because my appearace doesn't look like the one in passport (actually it was me but in my first passport I looked more horible than I was)

Ten minutes later he gave it back - oh I passed? Yes I did. But I don't have to show anything? Oh no. Oh strange .. oh .. my.

Picked up my bag .

Raw beef
.. what to do? Yeah just went out to find Ale! I saw many Italians waited for their relatives or someone they knew. I thought Ale doesn't come yet as I didn't see him so I wanted to find a smoking area. I needed it yes! Then ... someone jumped to me "bang"!

Aleeeeeeeeeee!

One month that I haven't seen him. I asked him to smoke he said "no, please go. I parked in the place that they don't allow!"  Heuyyyy!

Asking him where to go now? He said ... you can't smoke because I don't have the cigarettes so we're going to the cigarettes shop now. Vaffanculo! The owner can't speak English even I said just "One Marlboro Red please.

Risotto
"  He didn't understand. Isn't it because of my accent or what? Anyway Ale had to order by himself. We're there smoking outside. It was the first time that I smoke under the sun and I didn't sweat because it was really bloody cold!

The second place I visited was the police station. I didn’t get caught. But Ale had to get his driver license back.  The reason was about speedy, of course. I have heard some from him that drive too fast but from now on I'll know it by myself that how super fast he drives.

Turino Yaho!

My first sight about Turino? The city was dry. But no that a complain because I know it was winter time. The city was quiet because people went to the mountain to trek, to ski, to etc.

I love this place! The pizza by Cristina! :)
It wasn't the love at first sight though I've found beauty place that's hiding behind the hill. Yes, that is Ale's house.

Not that I know him so I gave the compliment but because his house is located in the nice area. It's in the moutain. Fresh air. Even it's colder than the city for 4 more degrees but I liked it! For a person like me who came from a hot and humid country, i will never be bored of the cold.

We didn't go out for lunch because Ale made the first meal for me, spaghetti cabonara. Not that I'm hungry so I said it's yummy but it's really yummy! ;) The one I had in Thailand, you will taste the cheese just only the smelling of it. But the homemade spaghetti cabonara he cooked for me .. in the land of cheese ... for the cheese lover like me .. ooh... and ooh and ooh!

In the night he drove me to the big supermarket in Turin, EATALY. We supposed to eat there but we changed mind to buy something to cook at home. If anyone has been Paragon, the Goumet Market on G-Floor, you could imagine how EATALY looks like but they said they're better than Paragon.

At Fiorio
For me no one is better. It depends where you are and what you want to eat. I like EATALY also. Try it, if you love food!

On the next day we went in town to have lunch. I’d like to eat MEAT so I ordered Steak. The name of the menu sounds yumm -Tagilata con Rucola. And it was awesome! Ale ordered Risotto al Barolo (Rice mixes with Barolo Wine) and Carne cruda, it’s raw beef. How could he eat it? I can’t eat raw food. But he said this is the best thing you should try. I don’t wanna try but he forced me to try. Well. I don’t like but he said it’s delicious!! It's raw beef with olive oil, salt, peper and lime.

I’d like to order coke but he said ‘we don’t drink coke during the meal” wow, many rules hah? I wanted!!!

Is it expensive? Hmmm … it’s about 8-15 Euros per dish. To compare with Thai food, yes it is expensive but to compare with London, it's same or maybe cheaper. But now I don't care because today Ale bought me lunch! :D

Risotto
I love this place! The pizza by Cr…
I love this place! The pizza by C…
Nice drink