EuropeItalyTurin

Alian

Turin Travel Blog

Last night in Turin. I thought I 'd go out to walk around and see what I haven't had a chance to see but I woke up at 4pm! :P Too late to see anything. So what should we do now? Then a ring rang, Paolo. He called us to meet up at the center of the city. Yes! It's better than doing nothing.

The place that is called "The center of the city" is like Siam Square in Thaialnd. Everyone comes to meet and shopping and eat. It's the center of entertainment. I think Turin is like Chiangmai. Almost being a center of country (for now) but yes it was the capital city of Italy before. But there isn't a colourful town, sure it isn't Milano.

Today we went to Tower to see Turin from the highest place.

Nice view?
The ticket is 7 Euros at that time. I thought I could see the fabulous view when I got there. But I waited for 15 minutes to take an elevator to be at the roof top for just only 5 minutes because there's nothing to see. I was in Italy in the wrong time indeed.

There's a cinema museum in this tower. I didn't go inside but it's quite nice. Ale told me Turin is the city of film so inside is showing the history of Italian movies. And there's a place for you to lay down and see the movie from the screen ceiling.

We met Paolo later then went to the bar to drink wine. Since i was there, if i was hungry i couldn't eat right now. Before dinner, we had to go to the bar to drink wine or anything you want for one-two glasses then move for dinner. Traditional??? Ale said Italians do that. (I wonder Italian or him?) :)

I thought just only 3 of us this night then Paolo said "some friends will come to join." How many??? Eight.

Eight???!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are Paolo's friends.

I became an Alien then.

Because they don't speak English. And I understand, when Thai people met Thai people, we spoke Thai also ... and sometimes forgot that we have foriegner friends in the same table. Here's too. They are Italian so they spoke Italian and forgot that I can't speak or understand Italian. Ale tried to talk to me but I felt like .. blur.... I kept my mouth shut ... Haha .. And I wanted to go back home right away.

I wanted to speakkkkk!

Ale's afraid that i'm gonna be crazy more than this so asked me to order food. I can't read the menu, it's only written in Italian ...!!!!

Italians and Alian (me) .

Chicken!
.. oh my last day. Oh new. Oh ... suffer. Oh ... why did I come here? Oh .. why did I apply for the visa? Oh ... why don't I just stay in London? Oh ... what, oh .. when, oh ... where, oh .. why? Oh .. who am I? Oh I am an Alian now!

Stop!!!

Someone dropped the spoon on the floor and that sound woke me up.

You're thinking too much, New!

Ale was continuing explaing the menus. I didn't tell him that I lost some moment. I don't want him to translate again. So I chose chicken!

Hahahaha

Not that I want to make it easy but the other menus are cow's brain, rabbit, anchovie, etc.

A cow's brain!!!!!!
Everyone said it's great! No it's alright. I wanted to try if I was in a normal mode but now i'm in an Alian mode so let's me try something normal please.

Ale's dish looked like fish and chip but it was a cow's brain. Naaah ... I was thinking .. when this cow was killed, what was on his mind? Now Ale was eating this cow - would he receive the thought of the cow when he was nearly dead???

So .. this dinner, besides i became an alian who can't speak to anyone or understand them ... but i can't eat also. What a last night???!

hahahah

But I think I did a good thing in my last life and that came to help me now. After dinner, it's a relaxing time. They all, helped singing an Italian song that I like. Tu sei l'Unica donna per me :) Hahahahaha ... thanks all! That made me feel better. At least that one minute they sang, I didn't feel like an Alian anymore because we spoke the same language now. Music!

aleksflower says:
yes JC u're right, milan is not colourful, is foggy :) but torino has the mountains and the fresh air, and it's more french than italian.. everybody can feel it... just the winters are hard, but the springtimes or the summers or wow, the autumns, are stunning!
Posted on: Jan 23, 2009
newtampo says:
Yes, he's back to the snow. But he'll back again here. Do wanna change to drink here in feb or march instead??? :P
Posted on: Jan 08, 2009
ratu says:
;)
He is in Torino right now?
Posted on: Jan 08, 2009
Paolo
Paolo
We had it at the bar
We had it at the bar
Order one glass of wine, get the f…
Order one glass of wine, get the …
Food
Bread!
Bread!
Oh i Love it!
Oh i Love it!
And now I really miss it!
And now I really miss it!
Turin