New, the maid!

London Travel Blog

Tong Kanom Thai restaurant

Was funny that I got a job there. Asked myself, i stopped working as a copywriter just to be a waitress? Really New??? Yes, really. I didn't plan for it but if I got a job would be nice also. (so that I'd have more money to spend in London!!) :D  Just one week after arrived I got a call from a friend of a friend asked me if I'm interesting in this job? Ok? Why not?

Stop using the brain to use the body to serve the food. Well well well. Compare with the USA when I studied there, also took a job as a waitress. Here is totally different. They hired me really cheap. Only me and the son of the owner who takes care the front. Also I was an operator to pick up the delivery line or take away. That's wow!  One guy called and asked "Do you just get back from USA?" Why? "because you have American Accent" Well.

Tor and Som
So what's the matter? Anyway even though I don't know what accent I got, I think it's Thai accent haha, but English accent is difficult than American accent for me.

I always wrong with the address as I didn't know the route and the name of the street but the owner still wanted me to take care of the lines.  "Could you please spell it for me?" was only one question that I remember. Haha .. I know sometimes they're bored.

This restaurant manages by thai family. A small one with 8 people (including the owners and us.) It's full everyday. Sometimes the son of the owner helped me but sometimes I worked alone. I was excited on my first day working there. And you know what is the first thing that I have to do? Clean the toilet!!!

Haha .

The family
. I was laughing at myself. Are you crazy!? Yeah I am. What are you doing here? Clean the toilet! Haha ...

Now I know how much I miss my writer job!!

I worked there for 3 months, then my visa was expired. But i can't tell them that because they thought I got the student visa so I had to quit with the reason that I got a job in Thailand and this company hired me with the high salary. They knew where I was working and they understood about advertising agency so they believed me. I didn't mean to lie to them. I'm sorry. But I gotta go back home.

Anyway it was a good time in this restaurant. I met a lot of people who has different point of view. I can see/read them even I just served them the food. But the manner came up when they ordered or talked to me.

Waiting for them to order :)
But wasn't bad. They all are nice. (Ok, not all). Friday and Saturday were full of people. It's fully booked for 3 times in one night. Don't know how could I pass that moment but I did. I was thinking of my mom. Did she know that I have to do something like this? Well I didn't tell her. I chose my way to travel and did it to earn some money to travel more. To be exagerated, can say that I was like a queen in my country. Got a good job with not that bad salary. But I stop doing that to  be a maid here .. haha nice?

But I like it. At least they made me know that I have service mind :) And also taught me to love my writer job ... more!! :)

Thanks to Uncle Tong and AUnt Mam. And Ben, Beer, P'som, Art and Tor at the restaurant. You all are good friends!

newtampo says:
Hahaha also serving food. Anyway they wasn't shock when I talked, maybe they thought I was a man since I spoke lol. But was a nice memory indeed.
Posted on: Oct 14, 2009
aiohdmg says:
Really? They chosed you to pick the line. Are you sure that the customer did not shock when they heard your ECO voice!! Haloo...buahahaha
Posted on: Oct 13, 2009
:D
:D
Tor and Som
Beer, a son of the owner.
Beer, a son of the owner.
Psom :)
P'som :)
After work.
After work.
In front of the restaurant
In front of the restaurant
Tong Kanom Thai restaurant
Som and Aunt Mam, the owner.
Som and Aunt Mam, the owner.
He plays it every tuesday.
He plays it every tuesday.
London