Airport memorable

London Travel Blog

Emirettes Airline

14 hour-marathon flight to London, including the delay at Thailand and Dubai for 3 hours. Well, I took Emirettes Airlines which was delay for about 2 hours. I had to connect the flight to London at Dubai. The first plane landed after the last call of the second plane but sure they had to wait for us. I ran fast. But at Dubai was a mess.  I don't know where to connect the flight. Which gate to go? I asked the officers and they spoke something which I don't understand. I was in a hurry but they don't care. I had to pass the check in which they check everything - shoes, belt, computer, same as everywhere. I passed but when I was down there, just realized that I forgot my handbag which my passport and ticket were in there. I ran back fast, lucky that it's still at the check point.

What a mess.

Anyway finally I’m here.  Hello London!

First thing I that looked for after landing at Heathrow Airport wasn't my friend who'll come to pick me up but it's a smoking area! :P (note : smoking can kill you) I was like a patient fidgeted when I was on the plane. Tried to sleep to forget the feeling of needing cigarettes but Londoner who sat next to me and seemed like she hasn't talked to anyone for a year  coz when she saw me opened my eyes, the conversation always started. I'd like to talk to her but not in that mood. Sorry but nice to meet you anyway :D

At the immigration, I was so nervous. Heard that no matter how long you got a visa from Thailand but maybe the immigration just allow you to stay only one week or worst - they could send you back home if they think you'll come to live here.

Dinner

Well, I'm not. I don't want to live in London. I just want to stay for a while. But I still remember an experience in Chicago immigration. Hope  it won't be the same. At that time I got 5 years US visa and 6 months to stay there each time. That was the first time I went there and flew alone. At Chicago immigration, the officer asked me a lot of questions then looked at me. My appearance wasn't look like the photo in my first passport so they thought I lied. The officers locked me in the room. I told them that I just graduated so my dad greeted me with the ticket to Chicago to visit my cousins, they live there. The officers called my Aunt at her office but she doesn't pick up the phone because it's lunch time, she's out. (At that time she didn't have cell phone). I tried to explain but they didn't believe me. (I was so sure that they thought I had a fake passport, well I admit that my first passport is horrible because I had it since grade 9.

Heathrow Airport
And my appearance was totally different from that. (I was thinking that they thought i'm a prostitute!!?? and that made me really very *ucking angry!)

While i was waiting them to call my Aunt, they took my fingerprints. I was crying! Haha. And told them that I'm not a criminal, I come here legally. Why your country treat me so bad!? Just want to visit my aunt and my cousin! They took me to take a photos like a criminal, luckily that I don't have to hold the tag which has my name on it!! One hour later, they reached my Aunt, also my Uncle. They confirmed that I'm REAL JARIYA. So they let me go and said "We're sorry, Mam. Enjoy your holiday." I was angry and upset so I said something stupid. "I'm not Mam, my name is New and keep your word I don't want it". Then I walked away.

Hahahahahaha :P

Well, what about London immigration???? Would it be the same? But this time, my appearance is quite the same in my third passport.

2 hours i've waited for her :D
So .. hope it'll be ok. Was nervous, panic but answered the questions with confident. 15 minutes after she said "Have a nice trip!"

Wow! I passed!!

I called my friend, Que. This is her second year in London. After studied English language one year now she's taking Master Degree. She came here two hours later to pick me up. First day in London wasn't too cold as they threaten me, that was my first thought. But after taking 6 nicotine bars, all about 40 minutes outside. My hands were getting cold. My face was being numb. Que didn't come yet. I should make a move because I would die by this winter than cigarettes for sure.

Her house is at Fulham Broadway. It's quite a bit disorder, with my luggage. We took a tube to her house. I like it here. She told me to take a shower. Well, dream for it. It's cold!! She said she has a warm water.

Haha. I don't like to take a shower even I'm in Thailand so don't force me :D

Que took me to the market. One hour on the street she took me to five supermarkets and she wanted me to remember every places in one day. She said "I don't have time to take care of you so if you could, you should remember ok?" hahah Crazy! I didn't come here to travel around the super market, mate!! Anyway I took a lot of pictures around there to remember if I need it one day. Better than keep it in my mind. I'm a fish. Easy forget.

newtampo says:
Hahaha Thanks Oh! :) It ws fun at the chicago immigration. But wait, don't tell me you plan to visit London? Nice!!!!!!!! Make it make it!!! :)
Posted on: Oct 14, 2009
aiohdmg says:
Hahaha...i cannot hide my smile when i read your blog...It's so fun when i read about the immegration in Chicago! Ya..it might not so fun on that day but it's a value experience. I will learn for your experience. I should not look difference from Passport pix!! here..miss u my Sis!
Posted on: Oct 12, 2009