Up to Bolton for bank holiday long weekend!

Bolton Travel Blog

So this weekend was a bank long weekend and Alex invited me to come up to Manchester (well really Bolton which is part of greater Manchester) to hang out and have a good time. Monday is the day we get off but since I have 4 days left of holiday to take before the end of June I decided to take the Friday off as well. That way I would have lots of time to get up there. I booked another lovely mega bus bus trip...couldn't get it as cheap as we did to Cardiff but it was only 20 pounds for a return ticket so not too bad at all. Left London at 12pm for a very long 5 hour bus ride! Wasn't too bad though because I had a good book to read and I finally got a new pair of headphones so I had my MP3 player to listen to again. I got to Manchester just after 5 and sent Alex a message to let him know that I was there so he could give me directions on how to get to Bolton. Well after 20 minutes I still hadn't heard from him and was just chilling out in the bus station and started to get a bit concerned. So I gave him a ring and he was SLEEPING! haha what a guy eh? No worries though, he told me to go to Piccadilly station (I noticed all the names of streets and stations are the same as streets in London lol) and then to get a train to Bolton. So eventually I did that and got my ticket and waited for the train and all that jazz and made it to Bolton. Alex met me at the station and then we went to the hotel to drop off my bag and stuff. We were planning on going to see a movie tonight and I really wanted to see that movie "Three and Out" so we headed to the movie theatre. After about a half hour walk we get to the theatre and it turns out that movie isn't even playing there! Ah well...we didn't want to see anything else so we went over to the bar and had a beer. Then we went to Frankie and Benny's I think it's called and had dinner. Had this awesome pizza with goats cheese on it which was really delicious. We were gonna go out for some drinks but then decided against it as we had to be up really early to go to Alton Towers theme park the next morning so we just went back to the hotel and watched some TV and then went to sleep!

photo by: agnesli