Lazy day in Cardiff

Cardiff Travel Blog

More photos of the Stadium
So today we got off to a pretty late start. 12:30pm rolled around and the only reason we actually got out of bed was because Sarah (sarahelaine) was coming to visit us in Cardiff and we had to go meet her at the Castle. So after some hurried showers we went to the castle to meet her. She was parked near the stadium and it was costing a fortune so firstly we got her car and took it back to the hostel where she could park for free! We were also starving and were craving Nando’s so we walked back to main street and headed down “Chippy Lane” as we knew there was a Nandos off of it. We were so hungry that we got a whole chicken to split between us! Along with chips and corn and coleslaw…haha.
On the outside walls of the castle
Amazingly enough we were able to finish it as well. So after Nandos we decided to do some shopping. The first place we stopped was a book store which was a very bad idea. I love books and I really like to read and I can easily pass hours in a bookstore. And I found the latest book by my favourite author Sophie Kinsella so of course I bought it. We were there for quite some time milling about and then we moved on to other stores. My handbag that I brought from Canada has a busted strap so I needed a new one and well were girls so we like to shop. We ended up walking down Queens street which has all the shops along it and we were browsing around. We were out until around 5 or 6pm when they all closed and then we headed back to the hostel. We were just being lazy and I started to read my book which was a bad idea because then I couldn’t put it down.
Ruby and Sarah were playing pool and then we were watching tv for a bit and reading magazines. Around 9pm we decided that we should probably get some sort of food. We went across the street to some sketchy shop and bought dinner for us and for Owen who was going to cook it for us. We got pasta noodles, sauce, and some kidney beans to throw in there. We also got some chips and some stuff to drink. When we went back to the hostel Owen made us the pasta and what not and it was really delicious. We basically just hung around there for a while. We were pretty lazy and not very impressed with how sleazy the night life was so we decided to just stay at the hostel for the night. Sarah left shortly after that as she had a little bit of a drive to go back to Swindon. Ruby and I continued to be lazy and read more.
Sometime around 1am as we were sitting in the common room we heard this loud commotion and all this yelling. It sounded like a couple in a fight so naturally we ran into the dining/bar area to see what was going on. Apparently this lady who works at the hostel sometimes was outside having a smoke and some random crazy guy who just got out of the army was walking by and went into the hostel Owen had asked him to leave and then the lady just snapped and went mental on him and started screaming. And then he went all mental and started choking her apparently and then someone punched him. They got him out the door and it automatically locks and you have to be buzzed in. At first he didn’t leave and we were watching him on the cameras. They were going to call the police but then he ran off.
Ruby, Sarah, and me
I was freaked out because he was a scary crazy guy but the guys at the hostel were like, “nah it’s alright.” Well then the guy came running back and started kicking at the door so then they did call the cops this time. The cops came shortly after and asked which way he ran off. They caught him eventually and then they came back to the hostel around 3am or so to get a statement from the lady. The lady was such a cow though. I was wearing my pj pants and lounging around the hostel and she comes up to me and is like, “Oh I see you are wearing your pjs” and I said yeah and then she was like, “Hmmm I have a thing with people wearing pjs in public…” wtf? Like I care. And Ruby told me she was saying some mean stuff to her and telling her off as well when I was in the other room still reading my book. I did eventually finish it by the way, I am a  very fast reader and like I said it was by my favourite author. I headed to bed around 4:30am or so and I think Ruby didn’t make it back until 6am or so. All in all a good but lazy day in Cardiff and it was awesome to see Sarah again!
Sarah and me!