A city of good food

Zaragoza Travel Blog

Bikes in the city

I had returned to the hotel and I was out walking around my hotel after a full day of meetings. I left the hotel and wandered around in the area before I felt like getting something to drink. La Factoria looked like a cold place without any ambiance when I passed by but I decided for some reason to enter. It had been a long day on top of the long trip to Zaragoza the day before. I felt like a cold beer would do the trick and I ordered a large one. The waitress who turned out be a very nice girl asked me twice to be certain that I wanted a large one because it is not normal in Spain to order them.

She picked up a jar from the freezer and served the beer. The tap was mounted on a green thing that was hanging down from the ceiling that looked like it would have been more a appropriate in the machine room of a ship.

Near my hotel
But at least the beer was extra cold and nice. I was quickly given one piece of tapas along with the beer. The beer was actually not that large I would guess 0,4 liter and I ordered a couple more before I left. It was a nice bar, mainly do to the service but the interior also appealed to when I first got settled. There was very high to the ceiling and the design was quite industrial related to the name of the place.

I decided to leave the place and find something to eat, I was quite hungry as I had been given some snacks for lunch and a couple of tapas in the bar. I knew it was early Spanish time but I decided to see if it was possible to get some food.

I entered the La Scala restaurant as the first customer at 8.30 pm – actually I had to wait in their bar before they gave me permission to sit at a table.

La Factory
The restaurant was nice and quite cozy in a modern way. I was given a table near the entrance to the large room in the back of the place. There were tables in the entrance area near the bar but they were probably used as lunch tables.

I was given the menu while I decided to continue with the wine I had enjoyed while I was waiting in the bar, which had been a local one. I quickly decided on my dishes that were a mix of dishes from the menu and the chef’s recommendations. I was given a lovely gazpacho as an appetizer followed by some amazing Iberico Jamon served with toasted bread covered with tomato juice with garlic. The ham was really amazing. Thereafter I was given a carpaccio with a parmesan ice cream in the middle. It was the first time I tasted parmesan ice cream and it was perfect match.

Beer in frozen jar

My main dish was a entrecote with mashed potatoes. I had asked to have it rare and it almost said muh. I really liked the fact that the chef had sprinkled lots of salt flacks all over. The final kill was something I never had tasted before and I must say that the mojito sorbet was something special; it was very fresh and I could still taste the alcohol that gave the sorbet an extra kick.

I finalized the meal with an espresso and a local brandy and it was an amazing meal and the biggest surprise was small bill I was left with for this magnificent meal.

The napkin holder
Funny sign
People in the street
People in the street
Zaragoza Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great food and a mojito sorbet !
I entered the restaurant as the first customer at 8.30 pm – actually I had to wait in their bar before they gave me permission to sit at a table. Th… read entire review
Zaragoza Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Nice place to hang out
La Factoria looked like a cold place without any ambiance when I passed by but I decided for some reason to enter. It had been a long day on top of th… read entire review
Zaragoza