Staying the night in Albacete

Albacete Travel Blog

My hotel room

Every time I mentioned to a person that was familiar to Spain that I wanted to visit Albacete, they just asked why? To me it was evident because it was there and I had not been there. Albacete is the largest city in Castilla-La Mancha is situated on a vast, flat stretch of farmland of great natural value. This peculiar orography gave the region its old Arab name: Al-Basit (the Plain).

This land is area of Spain is truly flat and farm country and a journey through the region will allow you to perceive the intense commercial activity along its main arteries and the piece and quiet of its corners, so typical of La Mancha, awakened by the bustle that September brings, with its holidays and festivities that make this month the ideal time of year for a visit. I had almost been there several times over the years but had always managed to visit some of the known cities close by like Valencia or Murcia but this time I was determined.

We arrived in the early evening after a day full of visions and lovely sites. We were quite taken by the city from the start as there was a lot of activies going on in the streets and it looked like a very busy city. We quite quickly found the hotel and evne managed to get a parking space for the car.

The bathroom
The bathroom
The hall
The hall
Albacete Hotels & Accommodations review
A really nice hotel
It was my first time in Albacete and as some of my Spanish friends said to me, “what were you doing there?” The fact was that it was because I had… read entire review
Albacete Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
A fabulous Spanish meal
We wanted to eat in a place where the locals came and boy did we manage. Not far from our hotel we followed some locals into a place that looked like … read entire review
Albacete