One of many nice Spanish cities

Badajoz Travel Blog

The hotel

I didn’t know what to expect from this hotel; I had searched on booking.com in order to find a fair priced and well located hotel that had good ratings and my choice had fallen on this hotel. My main reason was that was the location and the price. It was located 200 meters from the Palm Galiar with the neighborhood as well, without having been there before.

We arrived at Badajoz around 8 pm and crossing the river I quickly recognized where we were and I therefore easily drove to the hotel. I knew that the hotel had parking spaces in their basement but I managed to find a parking space straight in front of the main entrance to the hotel. The hotel had a quite large staircase leading up the reception area but there was also an elevator, which we took.

The rental

I didn’t know what to expect from this hotel; I had searched on booking.com in order to find a fair priced and well located hotel that had good ratings and my choice had fallen on this hotel. My main reason was that was the location and the price. It was located 200 meters from the Palm Gates that is one of the main sites of the city and 500 meters from the town center. The price was great for a 4 star hotel and we only had to 58 euro for each of our double rooms. I had done some research on Google maps as well so I felt quite familiar with the neighborhood as well, without having been there before.

We arrived at the same time as a bus full of Chinese tourists and the whole reception area was quite chaotic with discussions going on in both Cantonese and Spanish.

The hotel
We decided to let them fix their rooms and entered a rather cozy bar located in the room next door and had a beer. After the beer the reception was quiet and the guy behind the counter quickly found our reservations and some rooms on the forth floor.

The room was far more attractive than I had imagined given the reviews on the Booking.com homepage and I could not help letting out a smile on my face. The room was large, which I had not expected after my last visit in Spain where I felt that the rooms became smaller and smaller the further I came from Madrid. The beds were join but not moving apart, the room had a nice view over the park where a peacock made a whole lot of noise but mostly in the morning. There was a desk and closet with a safe and the bathroom also had a nice size and it was much more modern that I had dared to believe.

The hotel

The hotel was located in a quite area and there were no noise during the night. There were many small bars and restaurant just around the corner of the hotel but most of them closed around 1 am at the latest, most of them closed around midnight. I had always believed that they ate really late in the Extremadura area but I guess that it was up to a certain point.

The next my friend got up early and enjoyed the hotel breakfast, which he was really pleased with but since I passed on it I have no feedback on that. He on the other hand complimented the kitchen for also service some traditional dishes at the breakfast like blood sausage.

The town gate