One lovely Morning

Platja D'Aro Travel Blog

View at Silken Park Hotel San Jorge which is situated on a cliff top, overlooking two fantastic sandy beaches. 9:00

We arrived at the hotel late Friday evening. We had all left directly from work to the airport in Brussels. Days like these where you just can leave everything behind you are truly fantastic. The airplane left Brussels the scheduled time which not is too often and heading for wonderful Barcelona was almost too nice a thought.

When we arrived in Barcelona one of my friends had lost his cellphone in the plane. We had warned him about leaving the phone in the pocket in front of him, but he said not to worry because he had never forgotten anything befor. Well - wrong quess Hans!, so getting out from the airport took some additional time.

The waiting queue at Hertz was long, very long - I cant remember this happening to me before, but after some 30 minuttes we got our Ford C-Max which actually was a very nice car - well it was a real family car but inside it was also comfortable - but it had this Ford sound which I dont like that much, it made too much noice inside.

9:00
We had all brought golfbags so we needed a spacious car and this was what it was indeed.

We drove directly from the airport to Platja d'Aro which is situated some 120 km north of Barcelona directly at the coast. The traffic was rather intence even though we arrived at the hotel at 11 pm. From outside we spotted that the hotel looked nice and we were not disapointed when we entered and met some very service minded people from the Hotel reception.

We had booked 3 so called shorerooms - and we got just that. This was the best view I had had since I saw my girlfriend the last time. I just opend the balcony door and entered outside to the most wonderful sound of water hitting the cliffs, it was so relaxing - I could see that the others did the same thing - so there we were all standing looking at each other with a big smile on our pale faces.

9:00
The moon was shinning clear and watching it reflect in the water was just the thing that made my smile stay on my face for a couple of hours.

One of my friends wanted to sleep - well he actually did that a lot when I am thinking about it, so I went out with the other one to get a beer at the nearby city center. The city was almost dead even on this Friday evening but we knew that we were out of season - we probably looked like that anyway too.

We found a bar and had some beers just relaxing and enjoying the sound of the locals having fun and enjoying them selves in the traditional way with a lot of laughs and loud discussions.

After the beers we went back to the hotel and turned in.

9:00
I had the door open the whole night and just lying there listening to the sound of water even though it was a bit cold in the late morning was very relaxing. At one point during the night I just had to step out on the balcony and enjoy the moon over the water. It was amazing.

Next morning I woke up and went out on the balcony to take some pictures of the morning sun shining at the hotel. It was a beautiful morning and a beautiful hotel. We had aligned the evening before so we all met up in the restaurant for breakfast at 8 am.

The breakfast was great and so was the view - but we couldn't wait to go out and play some golf.

We drove 20 km north of the hotel to find the course just outside the city of Pals. The club house was very nice and the girl behind the counter was very friendly and she had a big smile. We had 30 minutes to do some practice before heading out for 18 holes. The weather was fantastic - we had pretty good weather in Brussels but this was just a couple of times better. After some good golf and more than 4 hours in the sun we needed a cold beer and a lunch. We had our lunch outside because the sun had real good power.

Chokk says:
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011
vances says:
How did I miss this? Pictures look amazing, but unable to smile since I am traveling and viewing from my phone! CONGRATS!
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011
ewooce says:
I see you had a good time :)
Posted on: Apr 08, 2008
View at Silken Park Hotel San Jorg…
View at Silken Park Hotel San Jor…
8:37