Leaving Malaga - but not for good!

Malaga Travel Blog

The security control in Malaga Airport

It had been a quite late night together with Marc after the others had gone home; I guess we almost closed the bar before heading home. Finally back at the hotel I could not sleep so it had been close 4 am before I fell asleep.

I was up just before 8 because my plan was to check out just before 9 am in order to be in good time in the airport; I had not had any possibility to do a check-in from the hotel. I was flying the Danish low cost carrier Cimber Air home and it had not been possible to check-in at their web site. On top of this I had to fill the SMART up with petrol so 9 am seemed like a good idea.

I was quite proud of myself because I managed to check out at 9.05 am and I went for my car. I knew I was not in a hurry because my plane didn’t leave before just after 11 am.

Here we exchange Danish Kroner
I decided to drive through the city and started to look for a gas station; it took a while before I spotted one and I quickly managed to fill my car up and get something cold to drink.

I was in the airport just before 9.30 am and it took almost no time to deliver the car at SIXT; I must say that they were really efficient. The rental car area was way back in terminal 1 and I had to check-in at the last counter 386 in the new terminal 3. On the way there I spotted that there was a huge queue for the security but I had no hurry.

The check-in was not too bad; there were not that many persons but the girls behind the counter were really thorough in their procedures; especially around checking the hand luggage. I knew that my hand luggage was one the edge because I had come directly from Hannover where I had worked the 3 last days in the week before, so I had to take my camera out before the weighing and I just managed to get the bag under 8 kilo; it was the first time ever that I had my hand luggage weighed before taking off.

Waiting at the gate

The security was faster than I had expected but the control process was horrible; they should have looked at some old movies on how to produce a black Ford T. I was given gate D68 which was as far away from the main terminal as positive and when I arrived there were no seats because 4 planes were leaving at the same time; all being low cost carriers. The Cimber plane was one of these planes where you will have to wish for leg room; it was almost ridiculous how tight the distance was to the row in front of you; and in that sense I think it was the longest ride home I ever had.

The security control in Malaga Air…
The security control in Malaga Ai…
photo by: missmzungu