Late arrival in Zaragoza

Zaragoza Travel Blog

The main Train station in Zaragoza

I arrived at the Zaragoza-Delicias railway station after around 1,5 hours train ride from Madrid. Where Madrids Estación de Atocha had been a very busy train station, it was very different in Zaragoza. At the time of the arrival, which was at 6.51 pm it was pretty empty. The train station was huge, and I must say that my first impression was that I was pretty amazed.

The inner station covered more than 8 tracks and I was looking at the ceiling and the stealth look that it had. I was in the last wagon so I had a good walk getting up to the plateau from where I had a better view of the whole area. The taxis were located at the far end of the station and even if it was raining when I arrived they had not much to do.

The train station is located outside the city center and it will cost you around 20 – 25 euro to get into the inner city depending on traffic.

My room in HN Grand Hotel
You can also use a bus line (number 51) from the station to Plaza Aragon (downtown). On the webpage Renfe.com you can purchase some tickets on-line otherwise you have to purchase them from the station directly. On the webpage www.tuzsa.es you can check the bus lines, but only in Spanish.

When you are leaving from Zaragoza-Delicias railway station be sure to have bought something to drink if you need it before you enter the area as you cannot buy anything after the security control.

I visited El Fuelle together with some new Spanish friends and they wanted to take me to a place that served local Aragonian food. The place was known as the best example of that. The interior reminded of an old farmhouse. There were ancient farm tools everywhere on the walls and the ceilings and it was easy to make your eyes wander.

My room in HN Grand Hotel

As a starter we were served a local dish consisting of roasted seasoned breadcrumbs with grapes, bacon and fat, a dish that was served for the people working in the field. The dish was not the best that I had tasted but I liked the fact that it had some history to it. The main dish was on the other side really marvelous; it was roasted lamb served in a huge pot together with thin slices of potatoes and loads of garlic that had boiled together. The food was really rustic and I really loved it; the lamb was fabulous. It was absolutely a great meal in rustic and traditional surroundings.

My room in HN Grand Hotel
The magnificent main dish at El Fu…
The magnificent main dish at El F…
Zaragoza General Tips & Advice review
Huge and efficient
I arrived at the Zaragoza-Delicias railway station after around 1,5 hours train ride from Madrid. Where Madrids EstaciĆ³n de Atocha had been a very bu… read entire review
Zaragoza Restaurants, Cafes & Food review