Drunk Englishmen and a golf buggy

Torroella de Montgri Travel Blog

Emporda Golf Club

We had a wonderful day the first day and we were looking forward to enjoy the second as well. Marc and I had probably had too many beers the day before but I was not feeling to bad when I woke up.

Marc had booked the courses that we were going to play on from Belgiam and it turned out that the second day we would play on a much better and larger course than the day before; he had booked the Empordà Golf Resort.

The resort was also located in a quite beautiful part of the Costa Brava near the coast but further away from Barcelona. The course is designed by the famous American architect Robert Von Hagge, who none of us knew but he has done a perfect job in combining his talent and wide experience in designing golf courses with the magnificent enclave of l'Empordanet.

Emporda Golf Club
It is said that the construction of the last holes has culminated in one of the most ambitious and creative projects of the region.

The Empordà golf resort offers two courses: Empordà Links among lakes and dunes, and Empordà Forest which meanders among pines and lakes. We had chosen to play the latter mainly because the timeslot fitted us well.

The course was magnificent and a sometimes quite difficult but we had a wonderful day. It was not as warm as the day before but it was still pretty great for being the end of February where we otherwise would be freezing our butts off in cold Brussels. During the play we had met some really drunken English golf players especially when we were crossing the area around the club house; I must say that it has been pretty rare that I have seen drunk people at the golf, unless it has been party evening at the club houses.

Emporda Golf Club

The club house did to my opinion not keep the same high standard as the course and due to the fact that we did find it cozy enough we only had some beers and some tapas which were okay though.

When we came out to the car there was a huge dent in the other side of it, probably made by a gold buggy ramming the side of my rental. We had earlier seen the drunk English guys driving around in a buggy on the parking lot but we could not prove anything.

If you want to play at this course it is just one and a half hours from Barcelona, thirty minutes from Girona and its airport, and fifteen minutes from the best beaches on the Costa Brava, such as Aiguablava, Calella, Llafranch, Palamós, L’Escala and L’Estartit.  It is also close to beautiful medieval villages such as Pals and Peratallada.

Torroella de Montgri Sights & Attractions review
Beautiful place
The second day we played at a better and larger course; The Empordà Golf Resort. It is also located in a quite beautiful part of the Costa Brava. Th… read entire review
Torroella de Montgri