Arriving in the dark

Girona Travel Blog

A Gin & Tonic in Room 18, Girona

My goal of the day had been Girona in the northern Spain about one hour drive north of Barcelona. I had been in the city before but only briefly and that was why I wanted to spend the night there.

I was driving around in the city to find a hotel with the help of my GPS and the first couple of hotels I didn’t like that much. I finally saw the Hotel Grand Ultonia and I checked it out on my iPad and booked it over booking.com where I got the hotel room for 72 euro for the night and I headed for the hotel. The city was waking up or at least that was what I felt. The temperature was really nice for being in November; it was more than 15 degrees and people were still sitting outside enjoying a cup of coffee or a glass of wine. Just outside the city center there was an amusement park showing off with a huge number of entertaiment in different bright colors.

Room 18
Most of the traffic on the pavement was going back and forth between the amusement park and the city center.

It was almost impossible to find a parking space in the area so I parked outside the hotel because I could not find the entrance for the parking of the hotel.

After having checked-in to the hotel I decided to have a drink before heading to bed. I needed a good night sleep because I still had to drive 900 km the following day. I went for a drink at the hotel bar that was called Room 18 and I decided to have a look at the city the following morning instead of making the walk at night. It had already been a long day.

Glynnes says:
Congrats on being Today's Featured Travel Blog.
A very nice Blog and thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Nov 21, 2011
The bed
The hotel room entrance
The hotel room entrance
Girona Hotels & Accommodations review
Great rooms and a nice bar
I was on a mission for my brother driving his car from Murcia in Spain to Basel in Switzerland; a trip of 1650 km in two days. I had started in the la… read entire review
Girona Nightlife & Entertainment review
Nice bar with great bartenders and drinks
I had checked in to my room and I really needed a drink or a beer; it had been a really long day flying to Murcia and then driving from there to Giron… read entire review
Girona