Jaisalmer, the yellow desert city - hot!!

Jaisalmer Travel Blog

I got into Jaisalmer about 8pm and made my way straight to the hotel, was too tired to do much after the hectic morning in Jodhpur and the hot 6 hour bus journey! There are many cheap option to stay in Jaisalmer becuase of the camel trekking promotions. I found a room without a camel trek for 50 rupees a night.

The next day I went to the fort where lots of people live, and saw the Jain temples there, walked around the bazaars and saw as much of the city as I could. Inside the forst area, it is like a labyrinth of alley ways, each one with something unusual and interesting around the corner. The jain temples are really worth seeing there.

It is so hot lol, I know, it's the desert right? But it's a nice dry hot, so wasn't too bad - lovely in the late afternoon. The whole city turns golden in the sunset, it's really spectacular to see! Caught a taxi at sunset to take some pictures of around the city, and ended the day with a nice Lassi and some food.

In the evening it is really nice to walk around the city, outside the fort area, the markets are bustling, it is a lot cooler for shopping, and it is a small area to navigate round.

Had the whole day to sight see and do everything I wanted, so caught the train back to Jaipur to arrive Thursday afternoon ready for Holi and Haathi festival :) yey!!

Jaisalmer