London Travel Blog

Our third day, we got up and headed over to Covent Garden.  There are a lot of places to eat around that area, but you have to choose carefully, since it's a tourist area and some are overly costly and not that good.  We ate at a small sandwich shop out of the main square, and it was quite nice.  If you go to Covent Garden, and are a fan of good quality cheese, check out Neal's Yard Dairy , a great cheese shop there.

Another really fun thing to do in Covent Garden is to check out the street performers.  They have to get licenced before they are allowed to perform, and while I don't know the whole process, I know it involves auditioning; the bottom line is that if they are out there, you can count on them being pretty good!  The man that was out there when we were did an amazing juggling act, and was very, very funny.

Just make sure to leave a tip - they really earn it!!!

From Covent Garden, it's a nice walk through China Town and Leister Square.  We strolled around, and when we reached Leister Square, which is known for it's movie theaters, we decided to see a movie; I always enjoy seeing a movie in different countries, since the previews and theaters are so different.  We settled on a small horror movie from Hong Kong that we knew would never reach the theaters in the states (The Eye) and settled in.  We enjoyed the movie and had a good time.

Once we left the movie, Steven wanted to check out a record shop, and I was ready for some coffee; so we split up, I headed for a coffee shop and settled in until Steven finished shopping  and came to collect me.

That night, we met up with my friend Richard again, and had a great dinner at a small place by his flat.  We stayed has his flat that night, and settled in for our last night in London before leaving for Vienna.

photo by: ulysses