London

London Travel Blog

Our first morning waking up in London of the trip was a little rainy, and a little cooler.  We took a walk over towards Notting Hill Gate, to eat breakfast at my FAVORITE breakfast place in the world, Cafe Diana.  It's a very small little place near Kensington Palace, serves a great hot breakfast with good coffee for little money.  I can't tell you why this place makes me happy, it's not amazing food, and the little silver table on the sidewalk I like to eat at is nothing to write home about, but for me, it perfect.

We headed over to the Thames, and took our first turn ever in the London Eye, since my last trip in England prior to this 2002 trip was prior to it going up.

We had a grand time.  You can see up to 25 miles in any direction, and at the top you're 135 meters in the air.  It costs about 13 pounds, and it takes about 30 minutes to go all the way around.  We met a really neat family who was there celebrating their son's birthday.  After that, we took our boat ride down the Thames; the weather was perfect, and it was an ideal way to spend the afternoon.

When the boat ride was over, we took a walk down the banks of the Thames and found an outdoor used book sale; we spent a long time browsing through the selections, telling ourselves not to buy anything we didn't want to lug around for the next two weeks, but still ended up getting a couple - how do you resist?

Stopped at Marks and Spenser’s and bought some cheap sandwiches for dinner, ate in the room, and I crashed early - hadn't caught up yet on sleep!

London Sights & Attractions review
The London Eye is  is the largest observation wheel in the world.  It's 135 meters, (443 feet) high at the top, and gives you a fantast… read entire review
London Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
I LOVE Cafe Diana.  In my opinion, this is the greatest little cafe in London.  I can't quite back this up with facts and logic; it's more j… read entire review
London