PURA VIDA!

San Jose Travel Blog

Best Western Irazu pool
The last morning in San Jose, Atiba and I went to the hot tub at the Best Western. Even though we only had a view of the hotel, it was still nice to have plants and trees around me. After the hot tub, Atiba got ready to play tennis at the hotel and I packed since I was taking the airport shuttle at 10am. We ate at Denny's that was basically in the hotel and by the time we were done, it was time for me to get on the shuttle. It was sad to realize that I would be at work the next day. Even though I would be gone I would still come back refreshed with the memories and pictures. The shuttle was quick and everything was painless as I got the airport. I did have to pay the $26 departure tax that is required before you leave Costa Rica.
Best Western Irazu vegetation
They take colones, dollars and Visa. After that it was easy to get to the gate and waited for a couple of hours. The flight was delayed about an hour an half. I didn't realize how much of a hassle that delay would make until I got to Miami. Immigration and Customs was CRAZY!!! If I ever have a chance to avoid the Miami airport when coming back into the country I will take it. There was no organization and just a mass of people. Luckily I had only carry-on luggage otherwise I wouldn't have made my flight. Once I got to the security gate for the concourse - that was another mass of people. I had 25 minutes to get through the line and make it to my gate. Somehow, I made it and was on the my way back home to Las Vegas. It was an amazing trip and came at the right time in my life. PURA VIDA!
derekbilldaly says:
Great blog! I am going in September and will probably only have about 5 days for proper travel so really happy to see it can be easily done!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2008
mellemel8 says:
great blog :) my ex boss just finished building his tree house in CR. i need to go crash in his pad :)
Posted on: Feb 24, 2008