Day 83: Puerto Jiménez - Golfito - David - Boquete (2)

Boquete Travel Blog

I had read in my guidebook that Boquete is a great place to visit. The cool mountain air was a welcome change after the humid heat of the past four days, but the town itself didn't really have that much to offer. Yes, there are some nice treks that can be down in the surrounding hills (do *not* mention the word trekking to me again for at least the next six months!) and there are several coffee farms which you can visit.

However, carnaval had started and pretty much everything was closed. Both of us were knackered from the previous two days and the hectic travelling we'd done all morning, so in the end we didn't do anything during our stay in Boquete. A bit of a waste of a day really.

The only good memory I have of Boquete is the coffee. Boy had it been a while since I had last had a good brew (has it really been only a week since San José?) so I was sure to sample some of the local roasts.

Biedjee says:
Plenty of good coffee all over Central America. The only issue is that while most people know how to grow it, there are only a few places where they've mastered the art of brewing a decent cuppa.
Posted on: Aug 18, 2009
Stigen says:
Ohh looking forward to the cofe there.... 2 cups is enough to send me on a blazing high... can`t even sleep..
Posted on: Aug 16, 2009
anita_dave says:
Hi Biedjee, We are planning a really similar trip - staying in the Osa and then hoping to make our way from there to Bocas. We are thinking of taking the bus but aren't sure if that's possible and how much time we should give ourselves to get to San Cristobal in Bocas. Any advice on an itinerary would be great!
Posted on: Mar 15, 2009