Day 7: Guadalajara - Uruapan

Uruapan Travel Blog

Parque Nacional Eduardo Ruiz

I still had a week left before my sister arrived, but I was planning on seeing more of the country in that week than just Guadalajara.

And so I took the early morning bus to the village of Uruapan. Unfortunately it was the type of local bus which stopped every five minutes, so the 310 kilometre journey took nearly 6 hours. But that shouldn't spoil the fun.

Uruapan has a tiny national park smack in the middle of the city: Parque Nacional Eduardo Ruiz. Really nice to have a very green, tropical park in the middle of an ugly dirty city. And the one and a half euro entrance fee is well-used to keep the park green and clean. Throughout the park are very nice and tidy pathways, which lead past several nice fountains and waterfalls. A very nice place to wander around for an hour.

In the centre of town was a market with several food stalls, where I very bravely found my dinner. Delicious enchiladas with chicken, which was literally just that (as in three enchiladas with pieces of chicken next to it, rather than enchiladas filled with chicken as you would expect). But very nice I hasten to add. You just shouldn't think about the way it is prepared in the middle of the street.

Then again, I know from my very own experience that you can get just as sick (and worse) from food from restaurants so why worry.

At the same market I bought an alarm clock, which I would need for the next morning when I was planning a very early rise...

Uruapan