Day 22: Puerto Ángel - Tuxtla Gutiérrez

Puerto Angel Travel Blog

on the morning after hangover trip

“Robbel... I have to remind you how much you like sea turtles...”

From the other end of the room I heard some growling “my head hurts...”

But we managed to defy the hangover and join the tour. And fortunately it was worth the pain and the misery. We saw two huge sea turtles (one of which very cutely floated next to our boat for a while), but we also saw a huge stingray jump out of the water and several dolphins frolic about.

We stopped at a little beach from which we could go snorkelling at a small reef. The coral was stunning. Taming with lots of small and bigger fish, and I even saw an elusive lobster scuttle about.
Unfortunately we didn't get to see any whales, even though these are very common in this area this time of year.

sea turtle saying hello

We spent a few hours at the little beach where we were served a great lunch with lots of fresh fruits. We were very glad to have taken this tour, as it really gave us the feeling of being on a holiday in a tropical place (which we were after all). Up until now we had only seen cities and ruins, so this was a welcome change.

We had planned to spend most of the day at the beach and sleep a little more, but in the end not much of that plan actually worked. We didn't see the Germans any more either. They had missed the tour in the morning, and when we got back in the afternoon they had already disappeared.

In the evening we had scheduled yet another bus journey. No less than 14 hours to the city of Tuxtla Gutiérrez. You gotta make sacrifices if you want to see something of the country, so for the second time in only three days we spent the whole night in a cramped rickety bus. The journey was very bumpy and uncomfortable, but despite this I slept quite reasonably. I guess I'd better because from now on the buses will only get worse.

sea turtle