Day 13: Guadalajara - Mexico City

Guadalajara Travel Blog

Enjoying my last day in Guadalajara

My last day in Guadalajara. Didn't do much, really. Had a nice lie-in in the morning, after which Miryam and I went into the city where we spent most the afternoon drinking beers in the sun.

It was very pleasantly busy in the city, all those Mexicans doing their last-minute shopping for Christmas.

Guadalajara remains my favourite city in Mexico. This is my third time here, and I still prefer it over Mexico City. The centre, and especially the five squares around the cathedral are very nice places just to hang out, where you can spend the whole afternoon just sitting in the sun watching the world go by. Also the architecture in the centre is very nice. Not just the buildings, but also the art that has been placed in the streets everywhere.

I took the bus to Mexico City leaving at midnight. David and Miryam gave me a lift to the bus station. It was weird saying goodbye to Miryam for the second time this year, especially because I am not sure when I will see her again, if ever. (a third trip to Mexico? With a fourth visit to Guadalajara? I doubt it). But who know?

I had deliberately reserved the most luxury coach available, especially after the bad experiences last weekend.

I was lucky the seat next to me was empty, so I had all the space to lie almost flat out. I slept like a little baby all the way.

Guadalajara