Temporary Home Base

Granada Travel Blog

Arrived in Granada and had a kid take me to Hostel Dorado (http://www.hostaldorado.com/) nearby central park.  It wasn´t one that I had in mind or had heard of, but I´m glad I went there.  I´ve had the dorm room to myself except the first night and the computer is pretty fast and free.  Also, it has been nice to read and relax a bit - where the other major hostels are very busy and loud.

I´m getting my dreaded laundry done today and have just been really doing nothing but reading and eating the last two days.  This town reminds me of Antigua.  They both have the restored downtown area with bright colors and clean streets.  There is also the tourist aspect, but not too many people that I´ve noticed.  There are some decent restaurants here and good coffee as well.  Budget is shrinking and I haven´t done any tours or explored around much other than walking.  It seems every place offers the same tourist activities and they are getting old.  I will probably be heading to Isla de Ometepe tomorrow, though I´m not sure by which method.

In hindsight I'm angry I didn't go up to Lago Apoyo.  The other place I wish I had time to visit was the Corn Islands.

photo by: monoli